Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
***Physician Consultant - Client-Facing Demo Specialist (Sunrise Clinicals)***
remote role / M.D. or D.O. required
(70% travel, post-COVID)
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver world class demonstrations to prospective Allscripts clients.
• Collaborates with the Manager, Sr. Manager and/or Director, Solution Specialists and Sales to define the opportunities and priorities for each demo
• Lead the demonstration process through request, demo preparation, delivery and post demo review stages using established best practices
• Select from existing archived scripts, and develop new scripts to best demonstrate the Allscripts solutions value.
• Contribute to best practice library as new or enhanced workflows are designed and demonstrated
• Contribute to the post demonstration review process to identify best practice, provide feedback and develop enhancements to existing demo system
• Gather competitive intelligence whenever possible during demonstrations and communicate appropriately
• Control expenses to minimize travel and expense costs associated to the demonstration
• Craft positioning and messaging for presentations developed in collaboration with Sales Team and Marketing
• Develop client relationships pre, during and post demo process
• Provide feedback
• Application of new technology into the demonstration process
• Prepare and utilize the most current demonstration environment, release and integration availability to meet opportunity needs and requirements
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure talented qualified candidates are selected
• Develop core and specialty demonstration skills and competencies
• Maintain knowledge of clinical practice as advancements are made in area of specialty. This is to include maintaining professional licensure, continuing education, professional organization membership and networking as appropriate
• Provide clinical input to content and solutions teams during product development and optimization
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Advanced degree required (MD or DO) required, licensed medical professional preferred
• Affiliation with medical association or other industry organization (for example HIMSS, AAFP, CCHIT)
• Leadership experience preferred
• 10+ years experience in a clinical environment or equivalent a must
• Proficient in translating client requirements into engaging product demonstrations
• Healthcare IT experience
• Direct experience with Allscripts solutions, preferred
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, preferably with a track record of success in persuasive communication
• Deep understanding of current trends, opportunities and challenges in health information technology
• First-person experience in managing complex health IT, quality, safety, and regulatory initiatives in a healthcare setting
• Conversant and experienced in contemporary payment models including value-based care, shared savings, and similar programs
• Experienced in C-Suite discussions, presentations, and negotiations
• Able to provide clinical and workflow subject matter expertise in product demonstrations
• Able to communicate and persuade in areas far outside of one’s comfort zone (for example presenting to subspecialists in fields unrelated to one’s own)
• Able to work effectively in a team setting with affiliated nurses, pharmacists, allied health professionals, and administrative experts
• Able to connect with a broad array of healthcare professionals, identify problems, and propose creative solutions
Due to COVID, travel is currently 10%. Moving into 2021, the role will eventually require 70% travel. This includes overnight and occasional weekend travel, the majority of which is domestic. Occasional international travel may be required.
• May be office-based or remote
• Must live within an hour's drive of a major airport
• Peak times include end of month, end of quarter and end of year, during this time PTO time is limited to meet the needs of the business
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position