Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Our team provides next-generation warehousing and analytics software for massive, heterogeneous healthcare data assets. Our products help biopharma companies better understand their products in real world use, and compete in a landscape that is increasingly dependent on technology, and changing at an accelerating pace. As a backend engineer, you will work on a small team that develops and delivers an innovative Software as a Service platform, providing data analytics capabilities across large, diverse healthcare data sources. The successful candidate will possess a mix of general software engineering skills and best practices along with experience building and maintaining scalable data pipelines. You must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced, team-focused environment. Working on our team is challenging, collaborative, fun, and highly rewarding.
Design, develop and maintain large-scale, service-oriented architectures to quickly analyze terabytes of patient data
Develop new statistical analysis modules within an existing Python-based data processing framework
Develop and maintain ETL processes for transforming heterogeneous data sources into the OMOP common data model
Liaise with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science, EE, or similar technical discipline.
• Excellent programming skills in Python, Java, C#, C++, or similar language.
• Background in math, statistics, public health or epidemiology.
• Excellent application documentation skills.
• 6+ years of experience as a software engineer.
• At least 2 years working as a software developer on large distributed systems and client server architectures.
• Python development using frameworks like Flask, Django, Jinja, SQLAlchemy is preferred.
• Experience building and deploying applications using Amazon Web Services or similar cloud infrastructure.
• Experience with one or more of the following desired:
• Development/testing of RESTful APIs.
• Experience with Apache HTTP, NGINX, Tomcat, or Jetty.
• SQL database experience (Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySql, or similar).
• NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, Dynamo, Couchbase, or similar).
• Mastery of standard build tools and version control systems (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck).
• Broad understanding of internet protocols and network programming.
• Experience working in a Linux environment.
• Experience and/or exposure with data warehousing design.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans