Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to Provide input into the use of technology and definition of architectural approaches applied within Allscripts software solutions to meet the company and customer's long-term requirements.
* Be the subject matter expert on all Network protection technologies on Allscripts Cloud Solutions
* Lead Network Perimeter security protection architecture in order to ensure we deliver the most cost effective, consistent, resilient, secure, scalable and supportable designs and implementations for the business and our customers
* Collaborate with other systems architects on the infrastructure, support design, and implementation of network infrastructure for all Allscripts Cloud Solutions
* Design and execute plans for proactive system fixes that prevent incidents that impact availability and user experience from occurring
* Perform network protection environment troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common problems
* Support conceptual, logical, or physical network designs with associated documentation (including BCDR components, strategies and standards)
* Be involved in applying a formal change management and problem management methodology for Cloud environments
* Support and execute pro-active improvements by assessing past problems and current weaknesses in the existing system architecture
* Apply formal methods to assess the technical and financial viability of network architectures for systems & solutions to be leveraged within a cloud hosting environment
* Work with technical management to architect networked environments that reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, security and other technology parameters
* Provide technical leadership over new infrastructure deployment, platform software management, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, and infrastructure maintenance
* Lead operation of storage & BCDR infrastructure and participate in the development of business requirements and implementation plans to support storage infrastructure/Data Protection for BCDR
* Support the technology roadmap in the network space and work with other architects for overall roadmap direction development
* Write procedures for installation, use, or troubleshooting of network hardware and/or software
* Work directly with project management group to help manage implementation of network infrastructure projects from a technical, educational level
* Establish governing principles for network design and deployment & BCDR needs
* Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves
* Stay abreast of network infrastructure technology and how it is currently impacting and/or driving business solutions & direction of technology with partners, vendors, and applicable industries
* Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers
* Be a point of escalation for systems engineering, and work on-call as needed to assist in resolving critical issues
* Have a team first attitude, and a passion for working with an equally committed technology team that has a laser focus on reducing TCO and maintaining & exceeding expected service levels
Academic and professional qualifications:
Azure experience with Site to Site and Point to Site VPN’s, ExpressRoute over MPLS circuits, Azure load Balancers and Application Gateways.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans